Travel discount websites help students on a budget

College students are known for living on shoe-string budgets, struggling to stretch financial aid disbursements through the semester. That means traveling opportunities are usually slim to none.

But it doesn't have to be that way! Thanks to these student-focused discount travel websites, traveling as a college student has just gotten easier (and cheaper)!

STA Travel

This site offers flight, hotel/hostel, rail, tours and planned trip deals for anyone under the age of 26. The deals even apply to overseas trips! So if your dream is to visit the Eiffel Tower before you graduate, you may want to take a look at STA Travel.

For more information, check out www.statravel.com.

Student Universe

Although you need to sign up to use the travel service (it's free), this site finds the cheapest flights for students currently enrolled in college. Next time you're searching for a flight to visit Grandma for Christmas, you may want to try Student Universe before your preferred travel deal sites.

For more information, check out www.studentuniverse.com.

Travelosophy

This travel site specializes in discounts on airfare for students looking for overseas flights to Europe, Asia, Africa or the Middle East. Travelosophy is known for its flexibility, so if you'd like a one-way ticket or need to change dates mid-vacation, it can easily be done!

For more information, check out http://www.itravelosophy.com/index.php.

Posts in The Traveling Gator appear on Mondays.