<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-8a832e43-d96f-e76e-a86f-60d8ec76da5d"><span>Isaac Gordon, a 19-year-old UF geology sophomore, placed first at the Thanksgiving Pie Run hosted by the Florida Running Club on Sunday evening on Hume Field.</span></span></p>

Isaac Gordon, a 19-year-old UF geology sophomore, placed first at the Thanksgiving Pie Run hosted by the Florida Running Club on Sunday evening on Hume Field.

Darielle Costa devoured a slice of pumpkin pie and blueberry pie after running a mile on Hume Field.

The 18-year-old UF biochemistry freshman participated in the Florida Running Club’s fourth-annual pie run Sunday, where runners pay $5 to run a mile and then get all-you-can-eat pie.

“I came hungry,” Costa said.

About 40 students participated, said Justin Bausch, the running club’s president and a 20-year-old UF electrical engineering junior. He said there were 22 pies of all flavors at the event, some bought and some donated.

Last year, the club tried having the event on Pi Day, March 14, but decided hosting it around Thanksgiving would bring a better turnout. This year they also promoted it to people outside of the club, Bausch said.

“We want to create an inclusive atmosphere, whether you’ve never run a day in your life or you’ve been running since you came out of the womb,” he said.

After the initial mile-long run was over, three teams of runners competed in a pie relay, where one person would run then eat a slice of pumpkin pie, then the next person would run and eat a slice, and so on.

Costa’s team, The Lady Gators, won the relay event. Each team member got their own pie.

“It’s a lot of fun to have people come out, run and eat pie afterward,” Bausch said. “It really helps getting into the Thanksgiving spirit.”

Matt Bauer, a 26-year-old UF materials engineering graduate student takes a bite of an apple pie after finishing second at the Thanksgiving Pie Run on Sunday evening on Hume Field.