A UF alumna is coming to UF to talk about the story behind the legalization of same-sex marriage.

Debbie Cenziper, who co-authored “Love Wins: The Lovers and Lawyers Who Fought the Landmark Case for Marriage Equality,” with Jim Obergefell, is speaking at Pugh Hall at 6 p.m. today as part of the Great Storytellers Series, hosted by UF’s College of Journalism and Communications.

A UF alumna is coming back to campus to talk about the story behind the legalization of same-sex marriage.

Debbie Cenziper, who coauthored “Love Wins: The Lovers and Lawyers Who Fought the Landmark Case for Marriage Equality,” with Jim Obergefell, is speaking at Pugh Hall at 6 p.m. today as part of the Great Storytellers Series, hosted by UF’s College of Journalism and Communications.

“I think she does a really good job about telling a pretty moving story of the players that were behind this landmark case,” said Shelby Taylor, the digital and communications director of the Bob Graham Center for Public Service.

Ted Spiker, UF’s journalism chair, said students can learn about Cenziper’s reporting and writing as she covered the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision.

“I think what’s great about it for our students is that they can see how really important and compelling stories can shed light on issues and can have emotional connections with an audience,” he said.

Roxie Patton, the director of UF LGBT Affairs, said Cenziper agreed to meet with students in the LGBTQ+ community and answer their questions.

The program can help shed light on the LGBTQ+ community, Patton said.

“We’re also really excited to have the representation, because oftentimes we don’t see large events featuring LGBTQ stories, particularly not love stories,” she said, “and so to have that representation is huge.”

Roxie Patton, the director of UF LGBTQ Affairs, said Cenziper agreed to meet with students in the LGBTQ community and answer their questions.

The program can help shed light on the LGBTQ community, she said.