The last day of classes is a few weeks away, and planning for dorm and apartment move-out is in full swing.

Residence halls will close May 5. The 7,700 students who live on campus must move out by then, said IRHA president Severin Walstad.

Walstad encouraged students to attend the final residence hall floor meeting, where resident assistants will go over checkout procedures. Students must make check-out appointments with their resident assistants at least 24 hours in advance to avoid any charges.

Jordan Speisman, owner of UF Mover Guys, said his company specializes in full-service moving, including packing and unpacking. Speisman said UF Mover Guys is usually busiest at the end of semesters and during summer.

Victoria Bryer, an 18-year-old interior design freshman, said she will be heading home to South Florida for the summer. She said she’ll probably use a moving service when she moves out of her residence hall.

“My parents and I would definitely appreciate any extra help,” Bryer said. “The more hands, the better.”

Speisman said the average cost of his company’s moving services is between $180 and $260. Students can get a price quote by contacting UF Mover Guys by phone or email.

Out-of-state UF students may choose to use storage services in Gainesville over the summer.

Tanya Durst, an 18-year-old English freshman from Palm Desert, Calif., said she plans to store her belongings at a friend’s house or at a storage facility.

Sharon McLaughlin, resident manager at A-1 Mini Storage, said the most popular storage unit for students, 5 feet by 10 feet, costs $47 per month, McLaughlin said.

She said A-1’s storage units will fill up during April or May. She recommends coming to the office to reserve a unit.