Big Sean and Lil Yachty to perform at the O’Connell Center

<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-fa19e419-d8b0-c3e4-03da-d7369077b08a"><span>Big Sean</span></span></p>

Big Sean

Grammy-nominated artists Big Sean and Lil Yachty will perform Feb. 15 in the Stephen C. O’Connell Center for Black History Month.

Student Government Productions worked with the Black Student Union to bring the artists, said Dillon Knox, the director of SGP. Big Sean will be paid $130,000, and Lil Yachty will be paid $30,000.

Students can buy up to four tickets using their Gator 1 Card at 10 a.m. today at Gate 1 of the O’Connell center. Prices are $10 for level one and two, $15 for the lower level and $20 for floor seats. The general public can buy tickets, costing $20 to $40, Friday, Knox said.

He said he expects the show to sell out at 6,500 people, he said.

Ranitra Walker, Black History Month’s director, wrote in an email that the performance will celebrate successful black artists.

“Big Sean pays homage to the black community on and off the stage,” the 21-year-old UF criminology and law senior said. “So that exemplifies black excellence in itself.”

Knox said having Lil Yachty’s opening act will let attendees “get more for their money.”

Kaitlin Lyttle, a 22-year-old UF psychology senior, said she isn’t usually excited by artists performing on campus, but she plans to buy tickets for this show.

“I feel like there are a lot more people excited about this than a lot of the other concerts they’ve had, like Gator Growl,” Lyttle said. “They’re actually big name artists.”

rellenbogen@alligator.org

@romyellenbogen

Big Sean