<p>David Joseph Lopez Jr., 21, known as Luminox, performs at Sigma Alpha Epsilon on Saturday night. Lopez was taken to Shands at UF after he was too intoxicated to finish his set.</p>

David Joseph Lopez Jr., 21, known as Luminox, performs at Sigma Alpha Epsilon on Saturday night. Lopez was taken to Shands at UF after he was too intoxicated to finish his set.

An Arizona disc jockey left a fraternity party in an ambulance Saturday night after University Police reported he was too intoxicated to finish his performance.

David Joseph Lopez Jr., 21, also known as Luminox, was taken to Shands at UF from a Sigma Alpha Epsilon party, according to a UPD police report.

At about 9:30 p.m., UPD officers monitoring the party called dispatch to report there was a “highly intoxicated person” at the event, according to the report.

When an additional officer arrived at the house, SAE president Alexander Barrett led the officer to the second-floor bathroom, where they found Lopez talking to paramedics.

Police reported that Lopez was “confused and disoriented” during his conversation with officials, according to the report.

Lopez’s manager, Miguel Alfonso Granado, 22, told UPD Lopez was too intoxicated to finish his set and had to be escorted offstage before he could finish, according to the report. An ambulance later took Lopez to the hospital for treatment.

The next day, Lopez tweeted that a girl had stuck a lollipop laced with drugs into his mouth before the event.

“My apologies for anybody who came to see me last night in Gainesville at the SAE court yard #roofied,” he wrote.

In an interview Monday night, Granado said doctors believed Lopez had been drugged, citing that his blood alcohol content was 0.05 percent.

However, Granado said doctors believe Lopez was drugged off-campus before heading to the SAE party.

Shands at UF personnel couldn’t be reached for comment to confirm Lopez and Granado’s claims.

In an email, Barrett said he did speak to Granado about Lopez and the incident.

“All necessary steps were taken to ensure [Lopez’s] health and safety,” he wrote. “The event was registered with the university, there were multiple police officers present per university guidelines and no other incidents took place.”

Lopez could not be reached for comment.

Contact Kathryn Varn at kvarn@alligator.org.