UF will show that compassion trumps rivalry at the University of Alabama football game Saturday when the UF Greek community presents a $10,000 check for tornado relief in Tuscaloosa, Ala.

After Tuscaloosa was devastated by a series of tornadoes in April, UF's four Greek councils decided to start a fundraising effort titled "Florida Greeks for ‘Bama Relief."

"When we get a call that Alabama needs help, we immediately don't think about the football rivalry," said IFC President Rajiv Asnani, 23. "We think, ‘These guys are our peers; let's reach out and help.'"

Each individual sorority and fraternity chapter has been hosting outreach events to raise funds and spread awareness including a "Pie the Student Body Vice President" and a FIFA video game tournament.

Meredith Lynch, Tuscaloosa Incident Command public relations coordinator, stressed the city's gratefulness and that it will help the long-term recovery effort.

The money will be used for rebuilding infrastructure and purchasing weather radios for low-income households.

Asnani said each chapter was responsible for contributing $200 to the donation.

"We may be intense rivals on the football field, but in the end we're both two very successful Southeastern Conference universities that have a great reputation for doing great things around the world," Asnani said.