FSU fan arrested for stomping UF fan's head into curb before game

A Florida State University fan was arrested Saturday after police said he stomped a UF fan's head into a curb Saturday before the football game.

At 5:25 p.m. Saturday, Joshua Halford, a 21-year-old UF fan from Gainesville, argued with Robert Keller, a 27-year-old FSU fan from Orlando, over who would win the game.

During the argument, Halford said he had Allah on his side to help the Gators win, said Cpl. Angelina Valuri, public information officer for the Gainesville Police Department. .

"I'll show you Allah," Keller said before he shoved Halford into traffic at 1300 W University Ave. and punched him in the face.

Valuri said a fellow FSU fan and friend of Keller's, Wesley Ponder, 33, of Jacksonville, forced his way into the fight and stomped the victim's head against the curb, knocking him out, she said.

Halford was taken to Shands at UF, where he was treated for a concussion.

Ponder fled the scene, leaving behind several witnesses, Valuri said.

Ponder and Keller were later arrested and they were taken to the Alachua County Jail.

Keller was charged with battery and aggravated assault, while Ponder was charged with aggravated battery, Valuri said.

Both men did not have set bonds but were released from jail Sunday, according to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office Department of the Jail.