Man arrested on three charges of child pornography

A former Gainesville resident will be charged with video voyeurism this week after admitting to taking pictures of a woman in a Home Depot restroom in February.

When Timothy Malone, 30, was arrested Thursday on three charges of child pornography, Gainesville Police Department detectives got a warrant to search his computer.

While going through his files, detectives found pictures taken by Malone's cell phone, which was positioned to look up the woman's dress, GPD spokesman Keith Kameg said.

The incident occurred on Feb. 18 at the Home Depot on Northwest 13th Street, according to an incident report.

Kameg said security cameras recorded Malone walking into the store and following a woman into the bathroom.

When the 21-year-old woman saw a hand holding a cell phone under the stall to take pictures of her, she screamed, and the man ran out, Kameg said.

Citizens for Good Public Policy, a group that supported the passage of Charter Amendment 1, used the video to justify the amendment by claiming that the ordinance allows men to go into women's bathrooms.

According to the GPD arrest report, when Malone moved to Lake Butler, Stratiria Scott subleased his apartment at 3100 S.W. 35th Place.

Scott called the police on March 26 and told officers that she found a metal tin in the apartment containing three pages of laminated child pornography pictures, the report stated.

Officers found more than 100 pornographic images of minors from 2 to 17 years old, Kameg said.

According to the arrest report, children in the pictures were having sex with other children and adults.

Kameg said more pornographic pictures were found on Malone's computer.

Malone was charged with possession of child pornography, promoting child pornography and printing child pornography.