A University Air Center employee died Monday morning following an accident at the airport.

Cindy Kilgore, 41, was closing the sideways-sliding door of an airplane hangar at about 9 a.m. when a section of the door fell on her.

University Air Center's general manager, Bill Pokorny, said he believes the door came off its track when Kilgore was trying to close it.

Kilgore was taken to Shands at UF, where she later died, Gainesville Police spokeswoman Summer Hallett said.

Kilgore was an aircraft lineman for University Air Center, a private service center at Gainesville Regional Airport, airport spokeswoman Michelle Danisovszky said.

She was moving a plane from the hangar with another employee, Danisovszky said. The hangar previously belonged to DayJet Corp. Ownership transferred to University Air Center on Nov. 1, Danisovszky said. Pokorny said officials would be investigating what caused the door to fall.

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person. Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.