Gainesville Police arrest seven in prostitution stings

Prostitution stings held Thursday night by Gainesville Police led to seven arrests.

Two of those arrested were also charged with child abuse, a GPD report stated.

Robert A. Willete, 38, and girlfriend, Karen M. Glover, 34, had their 6-year-old in the backseat of the car when they were arrested on Southwest 13th Street in connection with soliciting two undercover officers for sex, the report stated.

The boy's grandmother arrived from Marion County to take him home.

Another man, bystander James E. Simmons, 50, was arrested on charges of resisting an officer and possession of cannabis after police reported that he interfered with the sting, the report stated.

When a woman entered an undercover male officer's car at 400 S. Main St., the report stated that Simmons shouted, "Get out of the car; he's a cop."

The woman ran away, but police searched Simmons and found three bags of cannabis, the report stated.

John W. Blalock, Ramon L. Plata, Melissa J. Willcoxon and Patricia A. Trinder were also arrested on charges of soliciting for prostitution.

Prostitution stings are held randomly throughout the year so no one will know when to expect them, GPD spokeswoman Summer Hallett said.