<p>Trader Joe’s is now accepting applications at the Butler Plaza Shopping Center near Picture This!</p>

Trader Joe’s is now accepting applications at the Butler Plaza Shopping Center near Picture This!

The Hawaiian shirt-wearing employees of Trader Joe’s will greet Gainesville residents at the end of the semester.

Trader Joe’s announced this week that the new Gainesville store will open Dec. 12.

The Gainesville location will be the second Trader Joe’s in Florida, according to the company’s website. The California-based company has more than 350 stores nationwide.

The building is under construction in a portion of the former Goody’s, 3728 Archer Road. According to Alligator archives, the store signed a 10-year lease agreement for a Butler Plaza space in May.

The store began accepting job applications Nov. 7. Applications can be printed from www.traderjoes.com.

The grocery store features an array of domestic and imported foods and beverages including specialities such as Speculoos Cookie Butter and basic groceries such as eggs and milk. There are about 2,000 items under Trader Joe’s private label, which is about 80 percent of the store’s inventory, according to a news release.

Contact Michael Scott Davidson at mdavidson@alligator.org.