As a result of the Florida Legislature’s special session in June, the UF board of trustees Committee on Finance and Facilities made adjustments to several spending plans at their meeting Friday.

The special legislative session finalized the appropriations for UF, and the committee approved amendments to its tentative budgets and to fit the final figures. 

The committee passed two appropriations-related agenda items unanimously with little discussion.

The first item passed was an amendment to extend the years for funding requests for the Engineering Nexus and Norman Hall remodeling projects, which did not receive requested funding this legislative season.

The second item passed included several changes to UF’s Facilities Spending Plan. 

The Engineering Nexus is now budgeted for $6 million, instead of the $25 million it was initially budgeted for. 

Maintenance, repair, renovations and remodeling was cut to about $14.1 million from its initial $18.6 million. 

The J. Wayne Reitz Union Career Resource Center received $98,171 more than its initial $5.1 million budget. 

The UF Boiler System budget remained the same at $7 million.

The Norman Hall Project was removed from the 2015-2016 spending plan because it did not receive funding.

The regular UF board of trustees meeting minutes scheduled for Friday were deferred.