A collision left a man dead on the intersection of U.S. Highway 441 and County Road 234 on Saturday afternoon.

Jeffrey DeLong, a resident of Clermont, Florida, was traveling south on U.S. Highway 441 with another passenger when the incident occurred at 12:54 p.m., according to a press release from Florida Highway Patrol.

At the intersection of CR 234, DeLong pulled across the southbound lanes of U.S. Highway 441 traveling east from the eastbound stop sign on CR 234. He was driving a 2006 Suzuki motorcycle with no helmet, according to the release.

DeLong collided into the left side of a 1998 Lincoln Continental as the second driver, 50-year-old Ocala resident Freddie Slater, was crossing the southbound lanes of U.S. Highway 441.

DeLong, 28, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash. Slater suffered no injuries, the press release said.

The motorcycle passenger Alaina Johnson, 25-year-old resident of Fort McCoy, Florida, suffered serious injuries, according to the press release. Her current condition is unknown.

According to Lt. Patrick Riordan, a public affairs officer for FHP, the investigation into the collision is ongoing. It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were involved in the incident.

Follow Jessica Curbelo on Twitter @jesscurbelo and contact her at [email protected].