Campus Memes creates set of memes for University of Florida

UF students quake at the thought of the long road to a bitter and possibly fruitless quest. Those who do it still dread it.

After all, one does not simply find an empty table in Library West.

Campus-wide jokes like this become Internet images through sites such as Campusmemes.com. Memes are Internet jokes and cultural references, usually seen with an image. Several popular memes feature the same picture with different text.

Campus Memes showcases memes that apply to specific schools like UF. There are about 15 UF memes so far.

One of them features a baby making a fist, often known as "Success Kid." The text reads, "walked through Turlington" above the picture and "didn't get any fliers" below.

"Oh, this one is good," said Yishui Chen, a 20-year-old biology sophomore at UF. "That's so true because I can totally relate."

Saif Altimimi, CEO and co-founder of NoteWagon.com, created the website Tuesday when he had some free time.

"I thought it was a really cool thing to do," he said.

Altimimi said he started Campus Memes at the University of Waterloo in Canada, and he said every college in the United States has at least one meme.

Some of the memes make fun of topics that are sensitive for students.

One of the Success Kid memes reads, "Talked with Turlington preacher. Won argument."

"As a Catholic, I also kind of think the preacher one is [in] poor taste," said Martin Medina, a 21-year-old industrial engineering junior.

He also disliked a UF sorority-themed meme based on the "Sheltered College Freshman" meme. The text reads, "I joined Tri Delta. I like triangles."

"It's basically going off the stereotype of sorority girls, which is not true," he said. Medina said he was in the Delta Chi fraternity when he attended Springhill College in Mobile, Ala.

These memes were created by UF students. Students can create memes at campusmemes.com.