I am disappointed that the Alligator would publish the blatantly slanted article by Drew Harwell on the upcoming congressional election for District 6.

Mr. Harwell seems a bit disappointed that the congressman would vote for Republican positions 90.8 percent of the time. Last I checked, Congressman Stearns is a Republican and a very principled one at that. I don't see what the shock is here. Instead of throwing out statistics, check your facts.

The fact of the matter is that a good look at the congressman's record shows that he has worked diligently and consistently for the local community. He funneled large sums of money to support UF research projects, worked to improve conditions at the VA hospital and for veterans, and he has been very responsive to the isolated rural communities of this area. He is also reputed for strong fiscal responsibility and family values. So much for your "ultra-conservative moneyed interests."

I am a strong Stearns supporter; however, I respect Mr. Cunha's bid to run for office. It is an admirable sign of civic engagement and democracy. I hope that the best man will win.

As for the Alligator, I say let the people decide and stop publishing articles that make the decisions for them.