<p>Eleanna Christinaki looks to drive to the basket while two Kentucky players defend her during Florida's 92-69 loss to the Wildcats in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals on March 4, 2016, in Jacksonville.</p>

Eleanna Christinaki looks to drive to the basket while two Kentucky players defend her during Florida's 92-69 loss to the Wildcats in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals on March 4, 2016, in Jacksonville.

The Florida women’s basketball team’s leading scorer has quit the team.

Sophomore guard Eleanna Christinaki left the program after refusing to accept a suspension for the first half of Sunday’s game against North Carolina A&T, according to the team’s communications director Kathy Cafazzo. The suspension was the result of an unspecified “violation of team culture.”

Christinaki started the first nine games of the season for the Gators, averaging a team-high 17.6 points per game. She also led UF in minutes played, 3-point field goals made and free throws made.

Last year, the native of Athens, Greece was named to the All-Southeastern Conference Freshman team and led Florida in assists, minutes played and finished second in scoring.

Freshman guard Delicia Washington will also be unavailable for the first half of today’s matchup against the Bulldogs for a related violation of team culture, Cafazzo said.

Contact Dylan Dixon at ddixon@alligator.org or follow him on Twitter at @dylanrdixon