<p class="p1">Freshman guard Sydney Moss (40) drives to the basket during Florida 69-58 win against Arkansas on Feb. 28 in the O’Connell Center.</p>

Freshman guard Sydney Moss (40) drives to the basket during Florida 69-58 win against Arkansas on Feb. 28 in the O’Connell Center.

Former Gators women’s basketball player Sydney Moss announced last month her intention to leave the program following one season with the team.

Late Thursday night, Moss offered insight into a likely destination. Responding to a text message, Moss said she will “most likely” be transferring to Thomas More College, which competes in Division III athletics and is located in Crestview Hills, Ky.

Her decision is not a complete surprise, though transferring to a Division I school and sitting out a season also seemed a likely scenario. Moss was previously rumored to be considering Louisville and West Virginia, among other programs.

According to Moss, Thomas More is located about 2.5 hours from her home. Finding a program closer to her family has been largely influential for her since she decided to leave UF this offseason.

Moss’ departure — combined with the additional transfers of Chandler Cooper and Vicky McIntyre — leaves the Florida program with 10 eligible players next season 

As a freshman in 2012-13, Moss averaged 11.8 points per game, good for second on the team. 

Contact Phil Heilman at pheilman@alligator.org.