Florida’s recovery from an injury-riddled 2013 season is moving slowly.

On Monday, coach Will Muschamp announced the prognosis for several of the Gators’ walking wounded.

Running back Matt Jones, who suffered a radial tear of his meniscus against LSU on Oct. 12, 2013, has not been cleared to play for spring football and will require another surgery to repair the cartilage. Muschamp said an earlier surgery repaired only about 60 percent of the sophomore’s meniscus.

“It is a little more lengthy when you hear a meniscus you feel, ‘OK; it’s just a meniscus, you go in and reattach it and it’s fine,’” Muschamp said.

“But this was torn all the way through. It’s a little more serious than a regular meniscus.”

The Gators will also be lacking at linebacker during spring practices.

Alex Anzalone, Jeremi Powell and Matt Rolin will all miss the semester with the injuries they suffered in 2013. Powell and Rolin both have torn ACLs, and Anzalone suffered a dislocated shoulder.

In addition, offensive lineman Octavius Jackson, suffering from a chronic shoulder injury, is recovering from surgery.

However, it is not all bad news for UF.

Wide receiver Andre Debose, who missed all of 2013 with a torn ACL, is expected to return for his sixth year at Florida during the spring. Muschamp said he will likely be able to participate in non-contact drills.

Offensive lineman Tyler Moore, who suffered a broken elbow in a scooter accident last season, should be healthy enough to practice in the spring, Muschamp announced.

Follow Adam Lichtenstein on Twitter @alichtenstein24

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.