<p>Florida AD Jeremy Foley smiles during coach Will Muschamp's press conference following UF's 38-20 win against UGA on Nov. 1 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville.</p>

Florida AD Jeremy Foley smiles during coach Will Muschamp's press conference following UF's 38-20 win against UGA on Nov. 1 at EverBank Field in Jacksonville.

It’s plane tracking season on social media as journalists and fans hotly pursue the moves of UF athletics director Jeremy Foley.

Both private planes registered to the University Athletic Association with tail numbers N100FG and N101FG have been blocked from public tracking on the website FlightAware.com.

The explanation from the website said the aircrafts are not available for public tracking "per request of the owner/operator."

The University Athletic Association had no comment on the matter.

Foley and at least three UF executives as well as spokesperson Steve McClain traveled to Fort Collins, Colorado, on a plane Tuesday with the tail number N843DW.

Through FlightAware, alligatorSports found the plane was registered to a Jacksonville-based Aviation company whose principal partner is the son of a man that donated $21 million to UF in 2009.

They went to speak to Colorado State head coach Jim McElwain — who has been pegged by multiple media sources as the frontrunner for the head coaching job — and the presumption was that McElwain would be returning to Gainesville with Foley and Co.

But according to Yahoo! Sports, the talks have reached an impasse due to negotiations concerning the buyout price in McElwain’s contract, which is $7.5 million.

Follow Richard Johnson on Twitter @RagjUF