Six UF football players face student conduct violations for an on-campus conflict near the Keys Residential Complex that occurred May 28.

Wide receiver Kadarius Toney, defensive end Kyree Campbell, quarterback Emory Jones, wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland, Rick Wells and tight end Kemore Gamble were all cited in a report by First Coast News.

None of the players have been charged with a crime.

The report states that an Alachua County gambler named Devante’ Zachery, also known as “Tay Bang,” and friends met the players, who were in a group of 10-to-15 people apparently holding weapons, outside of the dormitory.

It also cited a cell-phone video, where one individual was reported holding a frying pan, and said that some of the weapons resembled assault rifles, which were later proven to be pellet guns.

Toney and Campbell were recommended to UF’s Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution department for “holding and pointing what appears to be assault rifles (later determined to be airsoft rifles) at other individuals on campus,” according to a report granted to First Coast News. The rest of the players were recommended to the corrections department for lying to campus police officers.

The report also said tight end C’yontai Lewis had a “good relationship” with Zachery when it referenced a police interview with the football player, but later stated the relationship appeared to have dissipated.

@mstinejr

mstine@alligator.org