With a significant improvement on Day 2 of the women’s heptathlon, Brittany Harrell distanced herself from the field again.

Harrell completed the last three events of her event to move up three spots from her sixth-place finish on Day 1 of the Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays in Austin, Texas.

The junior snagged third place with a total of 5,620 points after capping off her two-day event with a first-place finish in the 800-meter dash clocking a time of 2:15.38.

Harrell edged out runner-up Teddi Maslowski of Duke by 0.51 to earn 887 points on the event.

The McComb, Miss., native finished second in the long jump, gaining 871 points on a 6.07 meter jump on her third attempt, and 11th in the javelin throw (35.76) after eclipsing her first attempt distance of 33.94 meters.

Overall, she fell five points shy of second place overall to Brittney Howell of Penn State (5,625), and 20 points behind victor Lindsay Vollmer of Kansas (5,640).

Meanwhile, competing alongside Harrell on Day 2 of Texas Relays were Florida’s throwers debuting their outdoor campaign.

Junior thrower Kyle Strawn debuted with a first-place finish in the men’s hammer throw.

Out of his six attempts, Strawn threw for 66.55 meters on his second attempt, which missed his personal record distance of 66.90 meters.

Joining him on the women’s side of the hammer throw was Jayla Bostic, who didn’t perform up to her standard with an 18th-place finish.

Bostic threw for two foul attempts leaving her no chances at improving her mark.

In addition, debuting his outdoor season was sophomore hurdler Gabriel Aird who only ran in Heat 2 of the 400-meter hurdles prelims due to not qualifying for finals.

Aird ran a time of 52.97, which placed him in 17th.

The Gators track and field team will continue with the final day of competition at Texas Relays today, and will begin the UNF Invite in Jacksonville, Fla., and Raleigh Relays in Raleigh, N.C., today as well.

Follow Lawrence Laguna on Twitter @LagunaLawrence