Florida soccer’s Savannah Jordan named SEC Offensive Player of the Year, four others honored

<p>UF forward Savannah Jordan takes a shot during Florida's 2-1 win against LSU on Oct. 11, 2015, at James G. Pressly Stadium.</p>

UF forward Savannah Jordan takes a shot during Florida's 2-1 win against LSU on Oct. 11, 2015, at James G. Pressly Stadium.

For just the second time in program history, the Florida soccer team swept the end-of-year individual conference honors.

On Sunday, it was announced that junior forward Savannah Jordan was named the Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year, while senior defender Christen Westphal earned her place as the SEC Defender of the Year.

The first time the Gators won both awards was 2012.

Currently, Jordan leads the SEC — and is second in the nation — with 19 goals to her name, and is the only player in the conference to average at least a goal per game.

Westphal has been a force on the wing for Florida this season, often controlling the game on both sides of the ball. She is tied for the SEC lead in assists with 10 — five of which have connected with Jordan.

Three other Gators also received conference honors on Sunday.

Senior defender Claire Falknor, joined by Jordan and Westphal, was named to the All-SEC first team. While it may not be evident in the box score, Falknor teamed with Westphal to help create one of the conference’s most dominant backline duos.

Junior midfielder Meggie Dougherty Howard earned a spot on the All-SEC second team. She has two goals on the season, and is second on Florida with six assists on the year.

Mayra Pelayo was named to the SEC All-Freshman team, having scored one goal and providing three assists on the year.

Follow Kyle Brutman on Twitter @KBrut13