<p>Coach Tim Walton was more than happy to empty his bench in Florida's 19-3 win over Florida A&amp;M on Wednesday.&nbsp;“I think overall the main priority is to get everybody at-bats and to keep our timing right," he said.&nbsp;</p>

Coach Tim Walton was more than happy to empty his bench in Florida's 19-3 win over Florida A&M on Wednesday. “I think overall the main priority is to get everybody at-bats and to keep our timing right," he said. 

The softball must look like a beach ball to Florida’s hitters.

After the top-ranked Gators smashed 16 home runs and scored 52 runs in five games in last weekend’s Aquafina Invitational, Florida is off to a strong start to the season.

"This is one of the hottest hitting teams when things are going (well), and maybe one of the coldest teams when things don’t go as well," coach Tim Walton said in a release.

"It’s a little ‘hot and cold’ (with) split personalities at times."

So far, Florida’s bats haven’t gone cold, and the production is coming from every spot on the roster.

Senior Briana Little broke UF’s single-game record three home runs in Florida’s 20-3 win over Mercer Sunday.

The very next game on Sunday, freshman Kayli Kvistad slugged two home runs herself in a 10-3 win over Mercer.

UF hitters are now batting .345 with 29 home runs through 16 games, and 11 different Gators have at least one home run.

Six players have at least three home runs — including Lauren Haeger, whose six home runs are tied for the Southeastern Conference lead.

But Florida, which has faced only ranked opponent so far in No. 8 Michigan on Feb. 7, hasn’t faced a dominant pitching staff yet.

But the Gators will tonight.

No. 1 UF (16-0) will battle in-state rival No. 17 Central Florida (12-1) at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium at 6 p.m.

UCF’s pitchers have compiled a 0.56 ERA and struck out 137 batters through 87 innings this season, while surrendering just two home runs.

While the Gators have one of the best pitchers in the nation so far in Haeger, the Knights have Shelby Turnier – who won NFCA National Pitcher of the Week the same week Haeger won NFCA National Player of the Week.

Turnier boasts some gaudy numbers – she’s 7-1 with a 0.70 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 50 innings.

Florida’s lineup will have to be on its ‘A’ game if it faces the junior or anyone else on UCF’s pitching staff.

Walton said players like Little and Kvistad who don’t play every game will be important in the UCF game and the team’s spring break tournament next week in California.

"They may not start every game, but when their number is called, they’re going to go out there and give you their best," Walton said.

Follow Patrcik Pinak on Twitter @Pinakk12