Preppin' for Bentley's UF - 'Bama Weekend country showdown

As if the home football game between UF and the University of Alabama isn't enough this weekend, Gainesville is in for another special treat.

Student Government Productions is hosting Grammy-Award-winning country artist Dierks Bentley, who will be performing at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center Friday night.

You're probably thinking, "Am I the Only One" excited for the concert? Nope, we are, too.

Below you can find some fun tidbits about the event. Take note of the titles of some of Bentley's hit singles intertwined in the concert tips - a chance for you to get pumped up for his performance and familiarize yourself with Bentley's latest and greatest tunes.

Whether you have seats in the top row or front-and-center, everyone is sure to "Come A Little Closer" to the stage.

Didn't buy a ticket yet? Instead of asking yourself "What Was I Thinkin'?" make your way on over to the University Box Office and purchase one. Tickets will be on sale the day of the concert. Student ticket prices range from $20, $25 and $35. Non-student tickets will be sold for $40, $45 and $56. Remember to bring your Gator 1 Card with you to purchase tickets.

We're sure the lines to enter the O'Connell Center will be "So So Long." Arrive early to allow yourself plenty of time to find your seats. Doors will open at 6 p.m., and the concert will begin promptly at 7 p.m.

Need to get in the mood for the concert after a long day of classes (we know you won't play hooky)? Enjoy a nice plate of barbeque to get into the spirit of country music. Eateries like Kay Bros. BBQ, Adam's Rib Co. and Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q have some "Sweet & Wild" barbeque choices that will surely satisfy your taste buds.

If the food doesn't quite do the trick, ask any concert-goer, and he or she will tell you how to prepare for a Dierks Bentley performance.

"I'll probably wear some casual clothes with my cowboy boots and a hat," said Rick Menditto, a mechanical and aerospace engineering sophomore at UF.

Menditto isn't the only one who will be decked out in good ole' country gear.

Randi Riggs, an architecture junior at UF, is planning on getting ready for the big event, too.

"I'll be dressing up for the show," said Riggs. "And of course, I have to wear my cowboy boots."

Once your belly is full from southern cuisine and your Levi's are on, it'll be about time to finally get a chance to "Feel That Fire." With the number of concert attendees estimated to be at 2,100 so far, we're sure the atmosphere will be nothing short of electric.

So whether you take pictures right-side up or "Sideways" Friday night, the Dierks Bentley concert is sure to be one you'll never forget.

Some fans are ecstatic to hear Bentley live in concert. I'm not too sure if I'm ready to give up "My Last Name," but Shellie Fisher, a food and resource economics junior at UF, is.

"Marry me, Dierks Bentley!" Fisher said.