<p class="p1"><span class="s1">&nbsp;</span></p>

Local music lovers, write this down.

Gainesville native band The Savants of Soul will perform at The Wooly on Friday to celebrate UF’s Homecoming. Orlando’s The Sh-Booms and Chris Shaw & Co. will also play at the show.

The Savants of Soul is a 9-piece band featuring Austin Van Wie on guitar, John Gray Shermyen on bass, Zack Emerson on keyboards, David Rinehart on the tenor saxophone, Ray Vigil on the baritone saxophone, Alex Klausner on drums, Mandy Moo on vocals and trumpet and Jason Beverung on trombone.

With an unrivaled stage presence and a unique, soulful sound that lends itself to musical genres like rock, punk and Motown, The Savants of Soul bring something fresh and exciting to the table this Homecoming. For Klausner, that’s what it’s all about: creating an environment of fun for people to dance and be themselves.

Klausner compares the band’s sound to a Long Island Iced Tea.

“(It’s) made of so many different components,” he said. “It’s potent. It’s powerful. It gets you dancing, and you’re going to have a great time.”

As natives to the area, the band always gets great energy out of its Gainesville shows, Klausner said. Sadly, Friday’s show may be locals’ last chance to see The Savants of Soul for a while.

After the band’s next two Gainesville shows, the group will take a hiatus from performing to write new music. As for what the new music may sound like, Klausner said he has no idea.

While what will come out of the writing room is still very up in the air, Klausner said not to expect any genre jumping.

“Expect more great soul music,” he said.

The dynamic show is set to begin at 8 p.m. and continue until 1 a.m. Tickets for the show can be purchased at showclix.com for $8 or at the door for $10.