At this point, the UF soccer team's problems are becoming trends, and games that should be wins are turning into missed opportunities.

On Sunday, the No. 12 Gators (4-2-2) finished the weekend the same way they started it, with a tie to an unranked team.

Heading to Nebraska in a rare home-away split weekend, the Gators and the Cornhuskers (3-2-3) took 110 minutes to put a 1-1 tie in the books.

UF also started the weekend with a draw against Florida Atlantic in a scoreless match Friday night.

The Gators and Owls agreed to call the game due to poor weather conditions following regulation.

The double-overtime tie in Lincoln, Neb., came in front of a crowd of 465 and represented the Gators' first overtime contest of the season.

The Cornhuskers applied pressure early on, out-shooting the Gators 10-3 in the opening 45 minutes.

The second half began on a sour note for the Gators, when a free kick from 35 yards out by Nebraska's Selenia Iacchelli slipped through UF goalkeeper Katie Fraine's hands for a goal.

"It was just a misplayed goal," UF coach Becky Burleigh said. "It's not like we were doing anything poor on defense, it was only a minute into the half. But I don't think anyone put their head down. We just recovered and began to put all sorts of pressure on them."

The embarrassing score served as a turning point for the Gators.

In the 65th minute, forward Stacy Bishop connected on a free kick from defender Lauren Hyde, heading the ball into the back of the net.

The rest of the game featured a slew of near misses for the Gators, including a heartbreaker by forward Ashley Harris in the 96th minute, when she was able to beat the goalie before Nebraska's Carly Peetz slid to knock the ball away only inches before crossing the plane.

The Gators received a final chance in the 107th minute, when Bishop's fifth shot of the game sailed over the net.

"[Sunday] was a much different feel than Friday," Burleigh said. "Even though I know the result was the same. I felt a lot better about the way we played today than Friday. I felt like we outplayed Nebraska, the result just wasn't there."