Before the UF football team squares off against the University of Tennessee team on Sept. 15, UF and UT fans will compete in a battle for blood.

LifeSouth Community Blood Centers Civitan Region will compete against Medic Regional Blood Center in Knoxville, Tenn. in the second annual "What Colors Do You Bleed?" a competition to see which fans can donate more blood.

UT won the competition last year.

LifeSouth Civitan Region serves Gainesville and surrounding areas. All of the blood center's resources will be devoted to the weeklong drive.

"We don't really care who wins because everybody wins," said Christine Evans, community development coordinator for LifeSouth Civitan Region.

Blood donation buses will be at the Hub and Turlington Plaza from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. LifeSouth will hold a drive in the main atrium of Shands at UF from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and there will be a drive at some of the dorms from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. throughout the week.

The winning school will be announced at the end of the week.