Upcoming games key to Tebow's Heisman hopes

Tim Tebow "can believe it's not butter," and everyone else is starting to believe it, too.

That saying is only one of many BTebow-ismsC that have been branded on the sophomore quarterback, but he?s somehow living up to the hype, which I thought would be impossible.

He actually is the Great White Hope, as roommate Tony Joiner put it.

Or "his tears could cure cancer like Chuck Norris," which punter Chas Henry said was his favorite BTebow-ism.C

Well, maybe that?s too far, Chas, but we get the point.

The point being that Tebow is officially on the Heisman bus - and he might even be driving it.

Louisville?s Brian Brohm and Arkansas? Darren McFadden have each lost two games, while Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan missed his last game with a sprained right ankle. Brennan should be back this week, but losing a game of stat padders doesn?t help.

According to ESPN?s BExperts Poll,C Tebow is second, behind McFadden. But one more Razorbacks loss - which will happen - and he?s out of there.

Basically, these next four games will decide Tebow?s Heisman fate. They are all against Southeastern Conference competition, and three of them are away from The Swamp.

On Saturday, Auburn isn?t the type of team where great performances win you a Heisman, but the Tigers sure could kill it for the linebacker-plowing quarterback.

Just ask Brohm about lower-ranked teams damaging your Heisman status.

That?s what happened to him against Kentucky.

Yes, Kentucky.

The team and its quarterback could actually halt Tebow?s Heisman locomotive.

In three weeks, Tebow will match arms, legs and wits against Andre? Woodson, and this game could go far in deciding the Heisman.

Woodson has already out-dueled Brohm, and if he can do the same against Tebow, voters will take notice.

Woodson?s a senior, and the voters always go for the older player.

Sure, Kentucky probably won?t finish higher than the Gators, even if the Wildcats pull off the upset, but to even have voters talking about a Kentucky player is an accomplishment.

Tebow is expected to take the Gators to the Sugar Bowl.

Woodson is expected to take the Wildcats to the Liberty Bowl, and Kentucky may actually end up doing much better than that.

If Tebow leads UF to three wins, he?ll have almost guaranteed himself a top-three finish, barring any late-season meltdowns.

McFadden is the most explosive player, but Arkansas has fallen in the polls, which is not an ingredient in the Heisman equation.

There are some other great running backs out there that could sneak into the top five, such as Steve Slaton and Ray Rice - don?t tell me Michigan?s Mike Hart even deserves consideration - but they aren?t the superstars McFadden is.

USC?s John David Booty and Boston College?s Matt Ryan will also draw consideration, but they don?t have the adoration Tebow is starting to accumulate among voters.

Do I think Tebow will win the Heisman?

No, I believe Brennan?s Hawaii squad will go undefeated and he?ll take the award if healthy, but Tebow is in the mix a lot more than I thought he would be at the beginning of the season.

In 2008, Tebow will be the frontrunner, and I?m seeing him and Percy Harvin standing one-two, and that?s not even something Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush did.

But still, when it comes down to it, there?s only one thing that you need to remember:

BThere are no disabled people. … Only people who have tried to tackle Tim Tebow.C

Enjoy this Tebow ride; it?s only just starting.