With No. 9 UF's game against No. 20 Georgia approaching, wide receiver Percy Harvin had a question on his mind.

The sophomore was a bit perplexed by the rivalry between the Gators and Bulldogs, and he sought out coaches for an answer.

BI was wondering why Florida-Georgia is still big if we kill them every year,C Harvin said.

The Gators have won 15 of their last 17 meetings with the Bulldogs, a fact that left most of the coaches speechless as to how to answer Harvin?s question.

BThey said the same thing as me because our coaches aren?t really from here and haven?t been here a long time,C Harvin said. BThe only thing they can say is that it?s a big tradition with the schools, so we?re here playing it.C

While the game may not carry the same animosity as a matchup with Tennessee or Florida State, it will mean plenty in the battle for the Southeastern Conference East Division.

Both teams have a 5-2 overall record and a 3-2 mark in the SEC, and the Gators will secure first place in the division if they win their next three games.

UF?s offense seemed to find its stride during last week?s 45-37 win at Kentucky with the return of receiver Andre Caldwell, who had been nursing a knee injury.

Caldwell led the team in catches and added a touchdown against the Wildcats, and he expects more of the same against Georgia.

BI feel that I bring a lot more completeness with my speed and playmaking ability,C Caldwell said. BI don?t think any DB, with me and all my receivers healthy, can match up cornerback for receiver with our team.C

Caldwell has played well against the Bulldogs in the past.

He scored twice and led the team in receiving in last year?s 21-14 win, and he paced the team in yards while adding a touchdown in a 31-24 loss in 2004.

He did not play in the 2005 game because of injury.

BThey play a lot of man coverage, and I feel that any person who plays me in man coverage, I?m going to beat them and make a lot of big plays to help this team,C he said.

While UF?s offense has been clicking, Georgia?s has struggled.

The Bulldogs are ranked No. 80 in the nation in total offense, but they will face a Gators defense that has performed poorly against the pass.

Sophomore quarterback Matthew Stafford has had an up-and-down season, and he will have to carry most of the load as UF boasts one of the best rushing defenses in the country.

Senior running backs Thomas Brown and Kregg Lumpkin are both out with injuries, so redshirt freshman Knowshon Moreno will shoulder the bulk of the duties.

Moreno is averaging almost 90 yards per game this season.

After suffering back-to-back losses, the Gators are feeling much better knowing they control their own destiny.

BIt?s the best feeling in the world,C defensive tackle Clint McMillan said. BYou don?t want to have to be depending on someone to lose.

BIn a matter of three hours, we went from fourth in the SEC East to back on top as long as we handle our business. All we have to do is win the rest of our games.C