Before opening the doors to its fundraising event Thursday, Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority had already reached its goal of raising ,30,000 for breast-cancer awareness and education.

The sorority, known as Zeta, held its 23rd Annual Zeta Linedance at The Venue at 7 p.m. The line dance is the biggest Greek philanthropy at UF.

Beneath color-changing chandeliers, audience members swayed to the music accompanying 22 themed dance performances.

Each dance group had six sorority members performing with six members from a fraternity.

Erin Shafter, president, said the groups have been rehearsing for at least three weeks.

Each performing group represented the fraternity of the fraternity members dancing in the group. The chapter sponsoring each dance group also made donations to the fundraiser, Shafter said.

Five judges, including UF athletes and a former Zeta member, decided the winners for the night.

Group performances were judged on their dance routines and overall contributions to the night, including T-shirt sales and fraternity attendance.

Each dance group dressed to match its theme. Themes varied from "country," which was marked by cowboy boots, to "The Flintstones."

One group danced along to a compilation of song clips mentioning rain to match its weather theme.

Signs supporting different fraternities soared above the crowd.

Several prizes, including a football signed by Urban Meyer and a membership to Gainesville Health and Fitness Center, were raffled at the event.

Fraternity and sorority members wearing pink ribbon pins crowded in front of the stage.

Meanwhile, money for breast-cancer awareness was still being raised in ticket sales and pre-ordered T-shirts.

All proceeds from the shirts are given toward breast-cancer awareness through the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation.

After the foundation collects the money, it distributes the funds to breast-cancer awareness and education charities around the country.

Pre-sale tickets for ,6 and donations from sponsors helped the sorority reach its fundraising goal.

Tickets were available for ,8 at the door.

Last year's line dance event raised ,23,000.