The search for a new dean of UF's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences continued Wednesday with UF students voicing their opinions on what they want from their dean.

Student Body Vice President Vanessa Goodwin said a search committee met with students to compile a list of candidates for the position.

Goodwin is the only student on the 10-member search committee.

A focus on diversity and more stringent demands of students are some of the main traits students said they want in the new dean. Students also expressed a desire for friendliness, Goodwin added.

Goodwin said the committee met with CLAS staff members, such as teaching assistants, Tuesday and would meet with CLAS faculty Friday to get feedback from those groups.

So far, the committee has received 10 nominations but no applications.

The committee will stop taking applications in early January and then present a final list of three to five applicants to UF Provost Janie Fouke by February, Goodwin said.

"At the end of it, we want to get a dean that's not only great for faculty but a dean that's great for the entire college," Goodwin said.