UF students can skip the long lines this book-buyback season thanks to a new UF book market Web site.

Student Sen. Thomas Cockriel, a Gator Party senator who represents District B, said students can put their books up for sale on the Web site.

Then, they will wait for an e-mailed notification from the UF bookstore when it's ready to buy their books back.

Students will also be able to use a classifieds feature through the Web site and sell directly to students, he said.

Cockriel said the idea is to keep textbooks being recycled through students in Gainesville.

Web sites such as Facebook and Craigslist.com aren't always selling or buying books in a student's area.

"It's a sustainability thing," Cockriel said. "(UF President Bernie) Machen wants to get more sustainable, and that's a great way we can do that."

Students can use the Web site by signing in with their GatorLink login and entering each book's ISBN number.

UF bookstores will continue to have book buyback tents on campus next week along with this new option, he said.

The new UF book market Web site can be accessed by logging on to www.bsd.ufl.edu/BookMarket.