Friends share memories of student killed in car accident

Pamela Eve Frank had a "kooky" sense of humor and made time to help people out with their problems. She liked Johnny Depp and always read history books.

Frank, originally from Coral Springs, was killed in a crash off State Road 121 on Sunday morning.

She was a history sophomore and member of Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority.

Lauren Weber, an advertising sophomore, said she met Frank through mutual friends before sorority recruitment.

When they both became members of their 2006 pledge class, Weber said Frank would always take them to Wal-Mart or to get food.

"She was really giving in that sense," Weber said. "She was always there to keep you company."

If they weren't out running errands together, Weber said they would all attend sorority functions, socials and dances.

They were always dancing, she said.

"Whenever I went to socials, I just hoped she was there," Weber said. "I always had so much fun with her."

Jackie Weiner, a journalism junior, got to know Frank through the sorority.

Weiner said she was a great person to talk to and a "really fun person to be around."

"She would always be there for you," Weiner said.

Frank would lighten the mood by using her great sense of humor, she said.

"If there's something upsetting you, she would make you laugh about it," Weiner said.

Frank was really into dressing up and liked to get into the spirit of socials. She was the Queen of Hearts for Halloween, she said.

Frank, Weber and Weiner were often an inseparable trio.

During one of their latest sorority trips to Disney World, the three of them went around the park together, Weiner said.

Weiner said a lot of the women from Alpha Epsilon Phi are planning to travel to South Florida when memorial services are arranged.

Steve Orlando, UF spokesman, said Monday that he was not yet aware of any plans for a memorial service.