Laptops, iPods stolen from three UF dorm rooms

The University Police Department is investigating three burglary calls in a UF residence hall.

A news release stated that all three incidents occurred on the second floor of Trusler Hall between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. Wednesday.

The incidents are being handled as related cases, the report stated.

Laptops and iPods were stolen from the three rooms, the report stated.

In one room a laptop had its wires disconnected but was not taken because it was locked to the desk.

UPD spokesman Capt. Jeff Holcomb said it appears burglars checked each room to find unlocked ones because there was no forced entry.

The release stated there are two possible suspects believed to be college aged that were viewed on a Web cam by one of the laptops.

The first is a Hispanic male, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, wearing a dark colored shirt with "scruffy facial hair," the report stated. The other suspect is a black male wearing a white "hoody" with blue jeans.

Holcomb advised students to keep their doors locked to make sure this doesn't happen to them. He also said they should consider buying security cables for their laptops.