Matchup: UF vs. Nebraska

Who/When/Where: UF (2-0) vs Nebraska (2-0), 6:05 p.m. EST, Bob Devaney Sports Center - Lincoln, Neb.

Last Time Out:

UF won 67-63 vs Robert Morris Monday

Nebraska won 80-59 vs Mississippi Sunday

Last Meeting:

Dec. 29, 2006: Nebraska defeated UF 81-73 in Gainesville

Projected Starters:

Nebraska:

F Kelsey Griffin (6-2, Jr.)

F Danielle Page (6-2, Sr.)

G Yvonne Turner (5-8, So.)

G Dominique Kelley (5-7, Fr.)

G Tay Hester (5-10, Jr.)

UF:

F Marshae Dotson (5-11, Jr.)

C Aneika Henry (6-3, Jr.)

G Brittaney Thomas (5-8, So.)

G Sha Brooks (5-7, Jr.)

G Depree Bowden (5-11, Sr.)

Why Nebraska Might Win:

The Cornhuskers have many of the same strengths as the Xavier team the Gators faced on Nov. 9. Senior forward Danielle Page hasn't been a starter until this season, but she's shown she's worthy of a big role, averaging 23 points per game. UF coach Amanda Butler said Nebraska is a very good pressing team. Robert Morris gave the Gators' problems with its press Monday night, but was unable to ever make that run to get the lead. The Cornhuskers are coming off a blow-out win against Mississippi. Plus, it's UF's first trip away from home and a young, inexperienced team may have problems focusing.

Why UF Might Win:

If it's going to be another battle in the post, the Gators should feel ready with 5-foot-11 Marshae Dotson. While dealing with a fractured nose, the junior showed no fear in dominating Robert Morris in the paint. It's hard to believe junior guard Sha Brooks will go scoreless again. Brittaney Thomas continues to look good distributing the ball. Lone senior Depree Bowden will have to make sure her teammates are ready and focused to play on a hostile floor.

Final Word:

Taking a mostly inexperienced team on the road against a quality opponent could be disaster for the Gators. Butler knows it'll be important for her team to be focused and play like they would at home. A key aspect of this game could be UF going against Nebraska's full-court press. The Cornhuskers will likely convert some of the easy opportunities that Robert Morris could not. UF junior center Aneika Henry hasn't really done much offensively so far and a second post option would surely help the Gators. Depth will be a problem for UF for a while. They are at their best when they play full court, but it's unclear how willing Butler will be able to do that for long periods of time. The Gators have some quality depth for about seven-deep, but after that some production can be lost.

Nevertheless, it is UF's first trip to the state of Nebraska. What do you know - It will be mine too! That's right I'll be there Saturday night in Lincoln so check back for coverage after the game. I'll blog if any news breaks before then.