Tebow practices with cast on broken non-throwing hand

UF quarterback Tim Tebow sported a small, blue cast - his third since Saturday - as he left practice Thursday.

Speaking for the first time since he fractured his right [non-throwing] hand during the Florida State game, Tebow said he wasn?t sure how he suffered the break, which occurred during his 5-yard rushing touchdown on the opening drive of the third quarter.

BIt?s painful. It?s a broken hand, but I was too excited beating Florida State to worry about that,C he said with a smile.

He still threw at practice, though he didn?t take snaps, and he said handing off the ball is also a challenge.

His first cast was a temporary one from the training room, but he didn?t say why his second cast was switched out.

Tebow will still be wearing the cast Dec. 8, when he will most likely attend the Heisman ceremony, and he?s already worried about accessorizing the cast with his suit.

BWe were thinking about that - make sure we have a decent color,C Tebow said.

FAYSON FALLOUT: Wide receiver Percy Harvin said even though the Gators were sad to see fellow wide receiver Jarred Fayson transfer, he?s not sure Fayson?s departure will affect the team.

BLike coach said at the end of this year, anybody who doesn?t want to be here needs to leave now because next year we?re looking to do some big things,C Harvin said.

Fayson was granted his release from UF on Tuesday.

TRAUTWEIN RETURNS: Senior offensive lineman Phil Trautwein returned to the practice field and played some snaps at tackle for the first time all season, UF offensive coordinator Dan Mullen said.

Trautwein suffered a stress fracture on his right foot before the season opener, and the injury required season-ending surgery. Trautwein is expected to return next season after receiving a medical redshirt.

BSome of his O-line buds were hooting and hollering at him,C Mullen said. BThat?s a good feeling as a coach to look back out there and to see that guy coming back into the lineup for us.C