A UF pilot program that began in August is giving Greek houses a chance to clean house.

Chris Bullins, director of UF's Office of Sorority and Fraternity Affairs, said the program offers sororities and fraternities the option to arrange custodial service through UF's Department of Housing & Residence Education.

Almost all the houses contract custodial and maintenance work individually, Bullins said, but the program would allow them to take advantage of UF's infrastructure.

UF already uses ISIS to handle the billing for rent, meal plans and several other expenses at Greek houses, he added.

The only participant in the program so far is Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, though Bullins said he hopes more houses will participate.

In addition, Bullins said he would like to expand the program to include maintenance work.

The pilot run will continue through May, and the program will likely continue afterward.

"The university is committed to having a successful and a strong Greek community," he said. "We recognize that the house is important to the success of the chapter and the health of the community."