Jennifer Mossor doesn't want to spend any more time in the training room.

The sophomore guard has battled injuries and illnesses, playing in only eight of the team's 15 games.

It hasn't been easy for the player who coaches looked to make a major contribution this season.

"It seems like once it starts feeling good, I take one step backwards," Mossor said. "I guess there's nothing really you can do about it but hope that you get better."

Assistant coach David Lowery hates to watch one of his players go through so many mishaps like Mossor has.

"It's been tough," he said. "She's a great kid to have on the floor, she just has a certain presence about herself - her smartness of the game and just knowing what to do, when to do it and where to do it."

Mossor will have to hope her trend of sustaining injuries does not continue.

She missed the first two games of last season with a stress fracture in her left foot.

Then, this year she missed the first six games of the season because she broke the pinky on her non-shooting hand during preseason practice.

She made her season debut Nov. 28 at Jacksonville, scoring 6 points in 16 minutes. Her next game showed continued improvement as she scored 9 points in 21 minutes at Louisville. Two games later, Mossor had the best game of her career, making her first start of the season and scoring 17 points on 6-of-12 shooting in 34 minutes of action.

But then she strained her abdomen and had to miss yet another game.

She returned on Dec. 28 against Holy Cross in the State Farm Classic, but has yet to find her shooting touch since the strain.

The sophomore has made just 3 of 15 shots in her four games back.

She also fell on her wrist during the game against Florida A&M on Jan. 2.

"I haven't really been making any in the game," she said with frustration ringing in her voice. "I just gotta get in the gym and shoot more so I can get back where I was."

Lowery saw Mossor attack the lane Saturday against Temple, even if the sophomore's shots weren't falling.

"She was so solid in the second half, because she was so aggressive to the basket and just wanting to make a play for us," Lowery said. "You want that. That's what we miss the most. That's what we want out of her."

He's also not sure what has to happen for her point total to get back into the double-digits.

"It's just not being able to get on the courts as much," Lowery said. "You get here in practice and she does what she has to do in practice but then something may happen. She's dealing with it. … She's been able to bounce back and when she falls down, she'll get right back up, and she's ready to go again."

Mossor still wears tape on her ring and pinky finger on her left (non-shooting) hand and had her middle finger wrapped Tuesday at practice as well.

The tape does get annoying, she said.

"It makes you want to feel like stripping it off," Mossor said. "I have to wear it to play, so I just gotta deal with it."

All of her setbacks have left Mossor wondering where the first half of the season went.

"It feels like it's just started," she said laughing. "It definitely feels like it's just starting for me."