NEW: Tight end Ingram decides to stay at UF for senior season

It looks like Gators tight end Cornelius Ingram will be holding onto his orange and blue jersey for one more season.

Ingram decided Wednesday afternoon to hold off on the NFL Draft and stay for his senior year at UF, said Greg Bowie, Ingram?s brother.

Ingram and teammate Derrick Harvey filed paperwork with the NFL to gauge their draft stock in early December. Harvey has already declared he will be forgoing his senior year.

The NFL Draft Advisory Committee projected Ingram as a third-round pick, but Bowie said his brother?s decision was not solely influenced by his draft projection.

"He knew he could have gone to the combine and been an early second rounder,C Bowie said. BBut there were two things he wanted to do - put on some pounds, you know grow stronger, and get his degree."

Yahoo!Sports reported last Thursday that Ingram was entering the draft and quoted Ingram as saying BIt was just my time.C

But Bowie said Ingram had been weighing the decision carefully since the Capital One Bowl on Jan. 1, and he had even stopped answering his phone for a few days so he could clear his head.

BPlaying in the NFL is a goal that?s he?s had since coming to Florida,C Bowie said. BThat?s why he came to Florida. He had a good opportunity to play at the next level, but he?s staying for one more year.C

Ingram finished fourth on the team with 34 receptions for 508 yards and seven touchdowns this season. Bowie said Ingram is about six credit hours away from graduating.