UF Career Resource Center holds Showcase for job seekers

Job seekers on campus can meet with potential employers at the O'Connell Center today and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for the UF Career Resource Center's Career Showcase.

The showcase will feature more than 350 organizations, said Ja'Net Glover, assistant director for career events at the CRC.

It is free and open to all UF students with Gator 1 cards, alumni with their student ID numbers, faculty and staff, Glover said.

On the first day of the event, attendees will be able to talk to employers from non-technical jobs, such as accounting, communications and health care.

She said the second day would feature employers from technical fields, such as computer science, construction and engineering.

Some of the organizations attending are American Express, Kraft Foods Inc. and Target Corp.

"The most important thing to know is that all of these employers are looking for you," Glover said.

"They have positions, and they're interested in you," he said. "They know the quality and the caliber of students at UF."

Job seekers should research the employers attending the showcase, prepare portfolios of work and bring a résumé, she said. Attendees should dress professionally.

She said she would encourage UF students of all ages to attend the showcase.

"When you hear students say the job market is not good, well, there's over 350 employers looking for you. The job market is still going strong," Glover said.

For more information about the showcase.