How much would a stuffed caveman pay for a stiff drink? How many shots would it take for a giant mastodon skeleton to get loose?

UF could soon learn the answers if the Board of Trustees, UF's highest governing body, passes a proposed regulation at its March meeting to allow alcohol sales at the Florida Museum of Natural History. UF Provost Janie Fouke wrote in an e-mail that selling alcohol at the museum would encourage more community groups to rent out the facility, which would bring more money to UF.

Currently, groups who want to serve alcohol during museum events must buy it but are not allowed to sell it to guests to cover the cost, Fouke wrote. Instead, they must give it away at a loss, which discourages them from hosting events at the museum.

The suggestions don't stop at primeval boozing.

A total of 15 proposals were sent out to UF's deans, directors and department chairs in a memo Wednesday afternoon.

Seven of the suggestions concerned traffic and parking, including increasing student parking rates from $110 a year to $122. The proposed rate for motorcycle or scooter decals is also $122 a year - up from $36 annually.

Another suggestion is to formally allow armored cars on campus to carry guns.

Steve Orlando, UF spokesman, said armored cars deliver cash to campus ATMs or businesses. Passengers or drivers of the cars are usually armed, and the proposed regulation would make it officially OK, Orlando said.