Sen. Mike Haridopolos could be at UF as early as this summer after meeting with UF's Department of Political Science chairman Wednesday afternoon.

While he visited campus for the Bob Graham Center for Public Service's grand opening celebration, Haridopolos, R-Indialantic, spoke with Department of Political Science Chairman Stephen Craig about teaching some summer classes in addition to the ones he agreed to teach in fall.

Haridopolos accepted a $75,000 offer in February to lecture in the UF Department of Political Science and coordinate internships at the Graham Center for nine months. He planned to start teaching in August.

Steve Orlando, UF spokesman, said Haridopolos has not signed any agreements for the summer, and his salary has not been adjusted.

As Haridopolos shook hands with guests at the Graham Center opening, he said he wants to be back in the classroom and on campus all summer.

"The whole goal right now is not just to kick off the Graham Center, but to make sure the programs are starting to be placed in motion," he said.