Spring Break isn't just about not having classes, going on vacation or getting to relax for one week out of the long spring semester - it's about fashion.

For one week, you're taken out of your comfort zone. You can try trends you were afraid wouldn't work on campus and take fashion risks on vacation where nobody cares what you look like - or won't see you again.

Here are a couple beach-friendly trends to try.

T-strap sandals are Spring Break essentials that make your raggedy, old flip-flops pale in comparison. These sandals scream sexy-island style. They come in a variety of fashions, from embellished to braided to metallic, so you can choose which style works best for you.

You may have seen these sandals featured in magazines or on the likes of celebrities but never knew where to find them for a cheap price.

Fortunately, affordable clothing giant Old Navy has released a line of inexpensive, cute and comfortable T-straps priced around $15 to $20.

Accessories are another beach must. That's right, you can wear jewelry to the beach.

Aside from the necessary pair of sunglasses, you can add cute beach totes, long chain necklaces, bangles and hoop earrings - just not all at once. You can accessorize, but you shouldn't look like Elizabeth Taylor when you do.

Gold is the color of the season so leave that silver jewelry at home. Stick to one or two accessories for a minimalist effect.

And now on to the ultimate Spring Break garb: the swimsuit.

Designers this season have offered some interesting and stylish swimsuit trends.

Look to add the paisley-print bikini to your arsenal of Spring Break swimsuits. This colorful print has a cool '70s vibe that gives your suit an earthy, Bohemian feel.

For one-piece suits, there's been a resurgence of swimsuits with interior shelf bras and gingham prints that are a throwback to the glamorous Hollywood style of the '30s.

Last but not least, the mismatched bikini is a must-have this season. Try matching a solid magenta bandeau top with a gold bikini bottom for a funky mix.

So strap on those sandals, tie up your bikinis and have some fashion fun on spring break.