Two days after a bomb threat closed UF's Florida Gym for two hours, University Police Department investigators said they knew the same amount of information about the threat as they did that day.

And that's not much.

UPD Det. Jeff Moran, who's in charge of the investigation, said whoever called in the bomb threat was so vague that it would be hard to find him.

Around 2 p.m. Tuesday, a man called the Alachua County 911 dispatch and whispered there was a bomb in the Florida Gym. The call was tracked to a pay phone, but no one was there when UPD investigators arrived.

Students were let back in around 4 p.m. after officers and a police dog found no suspicious materials in or around the building.

Moran said he's requested the phone records from that phone that day, and he's not sure when those will arrive.

He also interviewed witnesses and local businesses that might have caught the caller on video surveillance, but he hasn't had any luck there either.

"There was a pretty big rainstorm at that time, too, so that probably hindered people being able to see what was going on," he said.

Moran said the investigation's last hope would probably be the phone records. If those don't reveal anything, there's a good chance the case will be dropped. But don't assume he's giving up yet.

"Trust me," he said. "We're working on it."