Method Man and Redman, the hip-hop duo also known for the film "How High," will perform at UF on April 23, the last day of classes.

The two rappers will appear at 8 p.m. at the O'Connell Center, according to a news release from Student Government Productions, the organization sponsoring the concert. The show is free for all UF students with a Gator 1 card.

SGP paid the duo $40,000 for the show, SGP Chairman Matt Goldberger said.

Local disc jockey Will Buck and rapper Gemini will open the concert, the release stated.

Method Man and Redman will perform songs from their new album "Blackout 2," which is a sequel to their platinum 1999 album "Blackout!"

Their music fuses rap, funk and reggae styles.

Method Man is a former member of the Wu-Tang Clan, and he has collaborated with Redman on several projects, including a FOX sitcom called "Method & Red" that was canceled in 2004.

Goldberger said the concert will last about two hours. Doors open at 7 p.m., and Buck will entertain students as they wait for the show to start.

He said SGP decided to bring Method Man and Redman to UF because SGP hadn't hosted many hip-hop shows this year.

The show is an "end-of-class type of bash" for students to relax at the end of the semester, he said.

He said he thinks this is the first time SGP has planned a show for UF's last day of classes.