Put down your textbooks, grab your sneakers and get ready to run.

Healthy Gators 2010 and RecSports will be hosting the Second Annual Midnight Fun Run Thursday as a way for students to de-stress before finals week.

"Giving people a chance to get out of the library and out of their dorm rooms, especially with the end-of-the-year franticness, is important," said Shanley Frey, Healthy Gators 2010 public relations student associate.

Frey said it's called a "fun run" because it's not a race.

"It's just a fun opportunity for people to run at midnight and enjoy themselves and the friends they're with," she said.

Participants can choose to run the 5K or walk the 1.5-mile route. Both start at the O'Connell Center.

On-site registration costs $20 and begins at 10:30 p.m. at Gate 2 of the O'Connell Center. Included in the price of registration is a glow-in-the-dark T-shirt, wristband and hot breakfast at Gator Corner Dining Center.

Frey said she hopes the run will become a pre-finals week tradition at UF in the future.

"It's something that drew a lot of attention last year, and we just hope it gets bigger every year," she said.