After two run-ins with Gainesville law enforcement over Memorial Day weekend, former UF basketball player Joakim Noah entered a contract Tuesday evening that will allow his criminal charges to eventually be dropped.

Police charged Noah early Sunday morning for an open container violation and possession of less than 20 grams of cannabis. The misdemeanors carry punishments of up to one year in jail and/or a $1,000 fine. Noah was originally issued a notice to appear in court, but it was suspended after he entered into a contract with the State Attorney's Office, said Spencer Mann, spokesman for the office.

The contract requires Noah to pay fines totalling $200. He will be on probation for six months. If he does not violate any laws during that time, his charges will be dropped.

In a separate incident Sunday evening, Noah was pulled over on campus in a 2008 Hummer for speeding, said Maj. Brad Barber of the University Police Department.

Noah was issued two traffic citations, one for driving without wearing a seat belt and another for driving with a suspended license.