Rock is not dead. We can thank all of the recent band reunions for attempting to repeat what was once good. A flip through the pages of Rolling Stone magazine reveals more and more bands coming out of retirement.

Queen is touring with Bad Company's former front man Paul Rodgers as a replacement for the late Freddie Mercury. Jane's Addiction is back, and Scott Weiland ditched Velvet Revolver to give Stone Temple Pilots another go.

While I'm sure '80s rockers are pumped to see Def Leppard again, I wonder what's brought about the sudden revival of long expired bands. Have their funds finally run dry? Do they miss the scream of adoring fans?

For every Jonas Brothers and Maroon 5 tour, there are at least four old-school bands filling the same venues. New groups not only need to compete with other fresh-faced bands, but now they have to try and knock out big hitters like R.E.M. and the Eagles, not to mention boy band comebacks like New Kids On The Block.

The biggest surprise was the return of Robert Plant. Led Zeppelin ruled the rock world decades ago, and their music still occupies airwaves today. And though I know thousands of fans, young and old, will shell out their life savings to see a reunion, when do rock stars finally give in?

The Rolling Stones seem determined to tour until no longer possible. But when do legends finally let go? Sure, I still sing along to classic hits like Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" and the Eagles' "Hotel California," but it's been years since those songs were hits. And though I'd love to flashback to when these bands topped the charts, I'm too scared to see them in concert now. Jimmy Page can shred some serious guitar, but it's been decades since he's taken the stage. My fear is disappointment. I love Led Zeppelin, but I don't want to risk the chance of attending a show only to see four old guys trying to regain their youth.

Some bands have succeeded their prime, but can't seem to let go. While I support them and hope they continue making music, I can't help but wonder: Can they still bring the rock?