The Gators raced their way to an impressive opening day at the NCAA Track and Field Championships.

UF advanced 10 of a possible 13 athletes in the opening round of competition.

"When you send 13 athletes out and get 10 of them advance, that's an unbelievable day," said University of Florida head coach Mike Holloway. "Today was about qualifying and advancing. If you don't take care of business today, there's not tomorrow. We're going to try and do the same thing tomorrow."

The women's 4x100-meter relay team cruised to an opening day win and a season-best time clocking in at 43.65 seconds.

They produced the third-fastest qualifying time of the meet coming in just behind Texas A&M and LSU.

Lakecia Ealey posted the fastest 100-meter time of the day on the women's side with a mark of 11.53 seconds.

Ealey hopes to become the Gators first All-American in the women's 100-meter dash since Kisha Jett in 1998.

The men's 4x100 team also started the meet strong with a second-place finish.

Their time of 39.49 was the fifth-fastest of the day.

Freshman Terrell Willks ran the meets fastest 100-meter qualifying time stopping watches at 10.49 seconds.

After anchoring the 4x100 relay, Calvin smith ran his way to qualifying time of 46.21 seconds in the 400-meter dash.

Carlos Phillips joined the list of Gators who qualified for the next round of competition with a 1:50.05 in the 800-meterevent.

Freshman Rebbeca Lowe posted the third-fastest time of the day in the women's 5,000-meter event.

Lowe kept pace with the lead group of eight runners that eventually broke away from the rest of the pack.

Her time of 16:47.09 easily moved her into the next round of competition.

Adam Montague moved on to the javelin with a throw of 229 feet 7 inches.

Wes Stockbarger advanced in the discus with a throw of 182-11 on his last attempt of the day.

Shara Procter leaped her way to the next round with a wind-aided jump of 21-8 ¼ in the long jump.

After the first day of competition, Stefan Hommel is in 10 place in the decathlon.

With a strong performance Thursday, Hommel could become UF's first ever All-American in the event.